Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sorrow

I hate the news. Somehow I managed to not find out about the stupid guy who killed his kids and himself in Washington State.  But today I tried to catch up with what has happened during the week and BAM!, there it was. Horrible news, full of heartbreaking and infuriating details.

Whenever I read stuff like this, I remember my mother's words when she heard about my first miscarriage: "It was God's will".

To this day, these words haunt me when I hear these stories. Is this God's will too? is it?

I'm not an atheist, but being one might make things easier.

2 comments:

  1. When I miscarried those are the words the doctor used to me, I seriously considered putting in an official complaint. I think it is just a thoughtless thing to say when people can't explain things away. I also think that is one of the devils biggest ploys, to get people to blame anything negative on God and not him and all the evil in the world.

    I think though that anyone that thinks pain, suffering and heartbreak is God's will clearly doesn't know the God I do. Yes God sees the bigger picture, and yes he is there throughout it all, but I never think it is him that causes these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I also think that is one of the devils biggest ploys, to get people to blame anything negative on God..."

      Bernadeena, your words mean a lot to me... thank you for sharing them. I think they will become my standard reply if I ever hear such a thing again.

      Delete