Friday, August 12, 2011

Chemo Caps

I hate it when there is a bad situation and there is no action I can take. My sister started chemo today,  hence the knitted chemo caps. It took me over a week to finish all three.  I just finished washing them and I might have to wait until Monday to mail them to her. I wish there was something more I could do for her, but for now that will have to do.

Often when I was knitting them I forgot that I was in the middle of a two week wait. Funny how tragedies put things in perspective.

A friend asked me how I was feeling. I thought she meant how I felt about my sister's cancer. But no, she wanted to know whether I felt pregnant or not.

How the heck do I know? My body does not speak to me. I have missed symptoms of pregnancy and blamed them on a UTI. I have also had imaginary pregnacy symptoms that have caused me a lot of grief and disappointment. I still prefer the Schrödinger's cat  metaphor. I did not bother explaining it, saying that I avoid thinking about it as much as I can.

3 comments:

  1. those hats are beautiful and such a wonderful gift to your sister. it is nice to get lost in something sometimes and forget your own troubles once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your sister will love the hats and appreciate that you made them for her. They will be something comforting at a difficult time. I hope your 2ww ends with good results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a lovely and thoughtful gift. Hoping and praying for your sister - and for you too.

    ReplyDelete