Saturday, October 22, 2011

What period?

I did not have a period during September, and I was beginning to think that I was not going to get one in October either. PCOS is crazy. I am not taking anything now except for the antidepressants, hence the delay. I knew I had to see a doctor but I chose instead to enjoy my period-less life for a while.


My period came this afternoon, which was good. If I go for too long without one, eventually I end up with a period that lasts several weeks, and I become anemic. Plus, I already have a little acne. I had thought about going to see Dr. Careful and asking her to scan for cysts and also prescribe some Provera. Luckily, I did not have to. I hate calling in and talking to her assistant. I can hear it in my head now: When was your last period? Really? Are you sure you're not pregnant?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had a period since August, but this is how it had been before taking Premphase and now after. I am definitely in pre-menopause with the hot flashes and etc. I did take a PG test last week - of course it was negative, like I was thought it would be. I was cleaning out our bathroom the other day and saw my AF supplies and thought to myself...wow I haven't used some of them in a very long long time and to tell the truth I am not missing them either. This is the "new" normal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Horrible question.

    I'm also in peri-menopause (although I think I'm in denial about the hot flushes), and have very erratic periods. I'm now wishing they'd just stop completely. I'm so over them. But, like Jen, I keep a pg test on hand just in case I get nervous.

    ReplyDelete