Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pardon the Silence

Last week I got my period. I will not describe in detail what I found on my pad, except to say that now I know that I probably had an empty sac at the time I was testing for pregnancy. That would explain why my period had failed to show up by day 44. Or was it day 45? I don't remember. All I know is that Dr. Mediocre did not deem it important enough to see me in person, and only told me over the phone to start taking birth control pills that weekend instead of waiting for my period.

Which is actually not so bad. If this was, as I suspect,  a blighted ovum, he would have wanted to do a D&C. It's better this way. Almost no pain and, because I had convinced myself that I was never pregnant, not so shocking.

Still, it made me very depressed and made me feel very alone. Nobody I talked to about this seemed to think this was a big deal. After all, I never knew I was pregnant.

I am better now, though still a little bit angry. I need to find another doctor. I'm never going back to Dr. Mediocre.

6 comments:

  1. Oh honey- don't let anyone make you feel like this isn't a big deal. I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you find a new and better Dr. soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so sorry for your loss. A loss is a loss no matter the way it happens. Get rid of that doctor and don't let anyone tell you it was no big deal because it is. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you are going through this. I agree with the above commenters that maybe its time for a new doc who is more supportive. Thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you are dealing with this. Definitely time to find a new MD. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind comments, they make me feel less alone.

    ReplyDelete