Thursday, January 13, 2011

Anna Netrebko

I saw this movie a couple of days ago. Unlike many opera DVDs, this was not recorded live, this was all filmed on movie sets. It offers a very refreshing version of what is a very popular opera.

I was surprised to see Anna Netrebko looking so thin. I saw her in 2009 in a production of La Traviata. She was wonderful, but, let's say, a little chubby. Still, she was a very convincing consumption victim. She's that good.

So I started wondering how she could have made this film in 2008 and then go on to put on so much weight in one year. Was she having a difficult time? Experiencing health problems? Like I said, it really does not matter much, many opera singers are heftier. But I was still curious, so I made a few searches and found out that she had had a baby on September 2008. So that explained her chubbiness in 2009. It was "baby weight". All of a sudden the concern I was feeling for her health evaporated and turned into pure green envy. Why? Don't I still want her to keep on singing and to go back to her slim figure? Will I love her less if she does not? Of course not.

Ugh. I really need to work on my issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment