Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Post: Sunglasses

It is difficult to know where to start, even when I need to write all this stuff somewhere, or risk insanity.

So I am starting with my new sunglasses. A year ago I was pregnant and we put a bunch of money into our flex plan, knowing we were going to need it for doctor visits, delivery, baby checkups etc.

Fast forward to the end of last year. I had miscarried at 17 weeks. Even after paying for two ER visits, two blood transfusions, a bunch of medical tests and one surgery, we still had money left. Oh, there were other expenses that went on the flex account, like antidepressants, therapy and even two cycles of clomid, which should have been followed by HCG triggers and IUIs but my ovarian cysts got in the way in both occassions.

By the end of December, we still had about 500 dollars left in our flex account. So I ordered new expensive prescription sunglasses. I picked them up yesterday. Frankly, they don't look like 500 dollars to me. I wonder if I actually will use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment