Friday, January 7, 2011

The third cycle

When I talked about the clomid cycles, I should have mentioned that there was actually a third cycle, but it would not have been covered with last year's flex account since insemination was scheduled for last Tuesday. Oh, but we did plan for that insemination attempt with this year's flex account. Of course, a follicle scan on Monday proved that there were no follicles, just a bunch of cysts, thus saving me the expense. Like a good friend with good intentions said: "Hey! At least now you didn't have to have an injection!" Talk about putting a positive spin on things.

I have had ovarian cysts on an off for 18 years. Probably more, since my periods were always irregular. I have been diagnosed with PCOS only to be later told by other doctors that I do not have PCOS. I've also been told that I have a bicornuate uterus, determined by ultrasound, but later a histerosalpingogram failed to find any abnormalities. I still think there is something wrong with my uterus, given the unexplained miscarriage, but, frankly, I am not willing to undergo another HSG. Ever had one? No? Trust me, you don't want one either.

No comments:

Post a Comment